Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Black Panther #1 is here...



well here it is...the first project that l can truly say that l'm proud of...

l have been very fortunate to work for some great companies and do some amazing things. ..but this project is different. l have seen how the world has changed...now there is a comic called Black Panther and it is nothing that you would expect. l was honored to be asked to do this book, l have been in the biz for years...did the whole range of books but now l can hand my friends this book and not make excuses for bad storytelling...crappy inks...dark muddy colors. l use to push companies to hire a group people that in all fairness just could not handle the job...that was my mistake. l work with pro's now...looking at Neary's inks and l wonder why l waited so long to make the decision to do this...Mr Mounts colors are so strong that l realize now that l should have just let the pro's handle my work....what was l smoking to let myself be represented by these idiots..l guess l'm the biggest idiot of all to let it happen.

l'm all about talent now...no more crappy guys touching my stuff...it's a new day.

the books get better every month....wait until you see what's next.

Thanks for the love...l really appreciate it.

5 comments:

Sheldon Goh said...

I just picked up BP#1 on the way home from work today and I'm LOVING the artwork! Your stuff is STRONG and Paul Neary makes it sing even more. Do I see some Ivan Reis inspiration in your work? If so, that suits me just fine, man. He's great and so are you. I'll be sticking on this title for as long as you're drawing it! Which I hope will be a good long time. :)

Umbra said...

AWESOME ISSUE MAN...CONGRATS ON THE SELL OUT AND 2ND PRINTING.

I love the way you draw T'challa and Ororo. The issue is my favorite out of DR so far...keep it up.

ken lashley said...

Thanks for the love...l am a BIG fan of Ivan...even back in his CHAOS comic days..he is killer.

thanks for giving me props ..the whole team is killing it...but l haven't really shown the BP stuff yet...issue 5 is off the hook.

thanks again...lets roll

Umbra said...

ISSUE #5??? DUDE...all I can say is wow.

It's funny because this book is one of the better ones in DR... I can't wait for issue #2...

I love the fact that you love BP...

ken lashley said...

thanks all....issue 5 is sad....people get dusted....boyaahhhh!!!!!!